Now online application can be filed for un-blocking E-way bills (EWB) generation facility!
A new facility has now been provided to taxpayers to file an online application for unblocking EWB generation facility, in case where EWB portal has been blocked. Now, the offline facility has been discontinued.
Procedure to file an online application:
- Login to portal and navigate to Services>User services>My applications.
- Select application type as “Application for unblocking of E-way bill” and click “new application”.
- Submit application in available FORM EWB-05, via uploading relevant documents.
- Tax officer can issue a notice for clarification which can be accessed on portal itself by navigating “Services>User services>View additional notices/orders options.
- At the conclusion of proceedings, tax officer will issue order in FORM EWB-06 for approving taxpayer’s applications.
- If officer rejects the filed application then EWB portal will remain blocked.
Source: GSTN Portal
-Tanvi Sharma, Associate, ShineWing India