Part 3: Certain other COVID-19 related relaxations:
- Extension of due date of filing GSTR-1/ IFF for the month of May 2021 by 15 days.
- Extension of due date of filing GSTR-4 for FY 2020-21 to 31.07.2021.
- Extension of due date of filing ITC-04 for QE March 2021 to 30.06.2021.
- Cumulative application of rule 36(4) for availing ITC for tax periods April, May and June, 2021 in the return for the period June, 2021.
- Filing of returns by companies using Electronic Verification Code (EVC), instead of Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) till 31.08.2021.
- Time limit for completion of various actions, by any authority or by any person, under the GST Act, which falls during the period from 15th April, 2021 to 29th June, 2021, to be extended up-to 30th June, 2021, subject to some exceptions.
COVID-19 related relief Recommendations on various goods and services
|1||Medical oxygen, oxygen concentrators and other oxygen storage and transportation equipment, certain diagnostic markers test kits and COVID-19 vaccines||Exempt from GST till 31-08-2021.|
|2||Amphotericin B||Exempt from GST till 31-08-2021.|
|3||Diethylcarbamazine (DEC) tablets||GST Rate reduced to 5% from 12%|
|4||Food supplied to an educational institution for programs like Mid–Day Meal.||Exempt from GST|
|5||Examination Fee charged by NBE or similar Central or State Educational Boards||Exempt from GST|
|6||Apartments constructed by Developer promoter and sold by Land Owner promoter||Land Owner Promoter Utilize credit of GST charged by Developer promoter.|
|7||MRO services in respect of ships/vessels||GST rate reduced to 5% from 18%|
|8||Milling of wheat/paddy into flour/rice||Exempt if used for PDS. Taxable at 5% otherwise.|
|9||Construction of rope-way for government||Taxable at 18%|
|10||Annuity payments received as deferred payment for the service by way of access to a road or a bridge.||Exempt from GST|
|11||Loans Guaranteed by government taken by its undertakings and PSUs from Banks and Financial Institutions||Exempt from GST|
Shikhar Verma, Article Assistant,