Extension of Due Dates
|Annual return and GST Audit (Form GSTR-9, 9A and9C)||30.06.2019|
|TCS Statement (Form GSTR -8 for the months of Oct, Nov and Dec’18)||31.01.2019|
|Job work return (Form GST ITC-04 for the period Ju/’17-Dec’18)||31.03.2019|
Clarificatory changes in the formats/instructions regarding annual return/reconciliation statement
- Amendment of Headings: To specify that the return would be in respect of supplies ‘made during the year’ and not ‘as declared in returns filed during the year’.
- GSTR-3B, GSTR-4 (where applicable) and GSTR-1 for all tax period have to be filed before filing of Form GSTR-9, 9A & Form GSTR-9C.
- HSN code for only those Inward supplies whose value independently accounts for 10% or more of the total value of inward supplies may be declared.
- Additional Payments, if any required, can be done in cash through Form GST DRC-03 only.
- ITC cannot be availed through Forms 9 & 9C.
- All sale invoices pertaining to previous FY shall be auto-populated in Table SA of Form GSTR-9.
- Value of “non GST supply” shall include the value of “no supply”, which shall be reported in Table SD, SE and SF of Form GSTR-9.
- Verification by taxpayer who is uploading reconciliation statement would be included in Form GSTR-9C.
- New Return filing system:
- Trial Basis – 01.04.2019
- Mandatory Basis – 01.07.2019
- ITC on invoices issued by supplier during FY 2017-18 may be availed till due date of filing GSTR-3B for the month of March, 2019.
- One more chance for completion of migration process is being allowed till 31.01.2019
- Late Fees completely waived for Form GSTR-1, Form GSTR-3B and Form GSTR-4 for the period Jul’17-Sep’18 filed before 31.03.2019.
- No E-way bill can be generated in case return for two consecutive tax periods are not filed.
Refund Related Changes
- Scheme of single authority (either Centre or State tax authorities) for sanctioned refund amount disbursement, shall be implemented on pilot basis.
- All supporting documents/invoices to claim refund shall be uploaded electronically while filing refund application on the common portal.
- Refund on account of Assessment/Provisional Assessment/Appeal/Any other Order, tax paid on an intra-State supply which is subsequently held to be inter-State and vice-versa, excess payment of Tax and any other refund application can also be made through Form GST RFD-01A on common portal.